Sunday, September 27, 2009

I'VE BEEN SO BUSY MAKING BABY STUFF "UPDATED w/ PHOTOS & A SUPRPISE

I just haven't been getting much done on here lately. I've been very busy making things for the new arrivals that are expected in the near future. Not only am I expecting my first grandchild, Elle, my sister is also expecting her first grandchild, another girl. I just haven't been taking much time to play on my blog. I know I promised some blog candy for my anniversary, I just haven't taken time to gather the goodies from my stash. Hang in there with me....It'll be sure to pack a "punch" when it's done. Here are the invites. I used so many things for this, Cricut DS for the double pocket card using GBS (designed in 3 sizes), cuttlebug for "it's a girl" on front, NA for the monkeys & ACY for the book. I sanded, inked, chalked, printed on clear labels and made very "tiny" little pink bows. It was fun! It's a bit difficult to actually see the card pockets, but they are done on an angle for more visual interest. The two small cards include the shower info with a poem (close up) and baby registry info. Yes I realize now that Babies R Us is misspelled. I just thought that it was how spelled. Oh well. I did hand tie all those little bows and for the first person to comment on this post with what common item that I used to tie those with I have a "little" suprpise!!! Don't forget that you can click on the photo to see it larger.

9 comments:

Kraftychick said...

Absolutely NOTHING is more important than getting ready for these 2 little ones!! You are going to love being a grandma - but, you won't get much else done except spending time with her - count on that! LOL!

Jackie

Sandy said...

Hi...just wanted to say thanx so much for becoming a follower of mine and leaving such lovely comments on my posts...I too agree...nothing more important than new life...I have no grand babies yet but my sis is willing to share her five with me and it's the best thing ever....congrats and thanx again!

Sandy said...

I love this...what a fab idea to have each person bring a book for the baby...love love love it...and those little monkey's are to die for!

craftaddict said...

Is it ribbon. Congratulations on your little ones, hope they arrive safely.
xxxeileen

craftaddict said...

Just read it again and realised what you meant, it must be a fork?
xxxeileen

Anonymous said...

It's me...do I get to guess, huh, huh?

Tonya

Anonymous said...

My guess for what item you used to help you tie the little pink bows is a crochet hook. Is that right? Jillybean in KS :)

LEEANN said...

Too cute. I love your invitations. You are so creative. Have fun with the babies. They will bring you so much happiness.

Anonymous said...

I am new to cricut. How do you make these using the cut file?? Sorry for it being such a basic question. Thank you in advance!