CAUTION...SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED!!! This pop up ball is made with GBS, AE and PF. The pooh font could be switched with another font. I like this one because it is "chunky". It's cut in two pieces, glued around center line and held inside by a rubber band. You can close it in a card or on a scrapbook page and when it's opened, it will "pop" up. My plan is to attach the bottom with a brad so that it also turns. There are twelve sides to add photos or embellishments to, along with the top. This will be a lot of fun to embellish. There was some trial and error with this one. So....I have two sizes. The first was too big for a card or scrapbook, so I made a second and a third. Third time was a charm! You will need to score and fold to assemble. This screen shot shows the scorelines in red. They do not cut on your cricut.

Use a good quality, heavy card stock. Next cut them out with your cricut & DS. The small one can be cut on the baby bug, jsut be sure to switch the mat size on your screen. It will probably me easier to embellish before assembly. To assemble glue the tabs with the "hooks" together making sure that the hooks face in opposite directions. DO NOT GLUE THE HOOKS!!! Now the fun part. You will need to put a rubber band on the hooks and stretch it to the other side and repeat. It requires threading the rubber band so that it is caught in both hooks on each side (which is why you can't glue the hooks). Then glue other tabs together leaving two sides open. Check to see if the ball is going to "pop" and hold it's shape. This may take a few tries to get the right length of rubber band. When everything is working right continue by gluing the remaining tabs together. Here is a photo of the ones I made with no embellishments on them.

Sizes are: large...about 7 1/2" across x 5" tall small...about 4" across x 2 1/4" tall
24 comments:
Great cut file. TFS.
SallyW
Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try it.
Sandi
Thanks for making this file! I need to try it out. It looks way fun!
Thank you so much for sharing this file. I am thinking of using it to make a card for our Grandson and putting frogs, etc. on each of the sides.
Thank you so much for sharing this file!
Saskia
Netherlands
Thank you so much for sharing this cut file. Looking forward to trying it out.
Thanks for sharing your talents with us!
Thank you so much for making this!
Oh thank you for doing this - I am going to try this over the weekend! Thank you for sharing!
Thank you so much!! I knew some genius Cricut engineer would be able to replicate those Big Shot dies!
This iks so neat!!!!!~!!!
Thank you!!!! Neva
wow these balls look great. thanks for designing and sharing.
take care Linda
I am so excited that you figured this out! Thanks so much for sharing!
Fantastic job! I can't wait to try it out. Thanks so much for sharing your work, I know it can takes hours to make things, to get everything to match up perfect. Again TFS!
Robin
Thanks so much for sharing this will be a fun cut file to use.
You are so sweet to share you time and tallent.
Nicole
thank you! I cant wait to try it!
Thanks for sharing your creative talents.
oh I have seen these before! very clever!!!!!
What a great idea, I've been on the fence about buying the Big Shot die that makes this ball, but your file looks so much easier to put together. I just don't have the AE cartridge. Another thing to add to the list.
This is a great cut file. Thanks for sharing it. I made a card with it, if you would like to see it, it is on my blog.
Thanks for all your help
Kim
Hi.I'm new to the Cricut and Cut Files, and not very technical. Can someone tell me where to find the cut file for the pop-up ball? What is AE, and why do I need it to make the ball? Can I download the cut file to my computer, then use Design Studio to make the ball? Thank you in advance.
KF
This is neat. Thank you so much for sharing
Thank you so much for sharing your talent!!! I am going to try to cut it out tomorrow and see what I can do... This is going to be fun!!
Laurinda, thank you so very much for creating and sharing this amazing cutfile! I used your file to create very special Fathers Day cards for my dad & dh. I have pics posted on my blog,
http://astarforchiemi.blogspot.com/2009/06/happy-fathers-day-with-wow.html
with a link to yours!
Post a Comment