Saturday, March 7, 2009

BEST NEWS EVER!!!


Jim & I got a package in the mail today. Neither of us new what it was, but it felt like t-shirts. Well we walked into the house and I let Jim open it, as he sometimes whines because he "never gets any packages". Out fell two rolled up t-shirts. Then a receipt fell out, which Jim picked up to look at. The next thing he said was "O My Gosh" I think you better look at your shirt. He unrolled one and it happened to be mine and what a thrill it was. Anyone who knows us, knows that we are extremely excited. What do you think of our new shirts? I talked for about 3 hrs. with Kat before we checked the mail and she didn't say a thing. All is forgiven, but she was so ornery about this whole issue as we talked. Anyone who knows her, knows it was "KILLING" her to not say anything. Then we talked a bit with Kat again and called Pat and talked to him. Our next visit was to wear our new shirts over to Mom & Dad's to share the news with them.

So...I just wanted to share our good news with the rest of the world. This is our first time!!! We are going to be GRANDPARENTS!

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

what great news!!!!! that is awesome and love the shirt!!!
congats!!!!!

Snatertje said...

This is so great, Congratulations.
enjoy everything.

Great way of anouncing this lovely news.

hug Linda

Treva said...

Congratulations!!!

Patty said...

Congratulations. Letting you know from experience, this is the most wonderful thing that will happen to you. Our GD is 16 months old and is the light and love of our lives. Enjoy every minute.

Cindy Lou said...

Congratulations - what a fun way to find out! I myself can't wait to become a grandparent too! So exciting!

okieladybug or okie_ladybug said...

WOOT WOOT!! Fantastic Laurinda!! And I must say you are one hot lookin granny!! :)

Anonymous said...

Great news! Congratulations! You're both so cute in your t-shirts.

Mama Chin

craftaddict said...

Congratulations to you and your family, how exciting.
eileen

Anonymous said...

Awesome news! What a great way to tell the news to you and let you break it to your friends in a not so subtle way! lol Big congratulations!
Rupesmom aka Billie in KS

Anonymous said...

How exciting, isn't it just the greatest feeling. I still remember my first time, now, we just had a Great Granddaughter born on Dec.23, so the excitement started all over again. Take care dear, and enjoy every minute.
Sharon Vancouver, BC

Pat said...

Congrats!!! There is nothing like a grandchild!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

How exciting and what a neat way to find out.....congrats

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!!
What a fun way to find out!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.They were very creative about announcing to you.Pic of you and DH in your new shirts with the journaling will make a cute scrapbook page.


Jean

Lyselia said...

Many congratulations on receiving such great news in such a special way, they do say great bundles come in small packages!! We'll have to design new grandparents designs, hope you'll keep us posted.

Hugz

Ruth

Allison and Adam said...

Congratulations!! What a great surprise.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! What a way to find out...it had to be killing her not to tell you!

cyimbugbitten

Anonymous said...

LuLu, I am very, very happy for you both. You will be the best grandparents ever! It will be wonderful for me to see firsthand the joy that this brings to you and your family. Just think of all the wonderful opportunities this will give you to make fantastic scrapbook pages and cards. Love to all, Jillybean :)

The Princess said...

So VERY happy for you!! What great and exciting news!! And...what a super cute way to tell you!! I love it!!

Best to all of you, Sara

Marjorie said...

What a neat idea to tell you this way! Let me tell you, you will never be the same....it's just wonderful.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic way to announce the news!
You will LOVE being a grandmother.
I have a grandson and a granddaughter...and another grandbaby due in May.
Can't wait until they are all old enough to craft with me :0)
Congrats to everyone!

PJ (Jessie Adams)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
Peggy Estes

Enfys said...

I had a huge smile on my face when I read this, what a great way to give you the news, and huge congratulations to you all. We are expecting 2 new grandbabies in may, and one in september!!
hugs
Enfys

Anonymous said...

LuLu, I am so thrilled that you both are going to be Grandparents. It is the greatest thing ever. I liked the unique way it was announced to you both. A big CONGRATS to you both!

Your Friend,
Dale

Anonymous said...

Just happened to 'stumble' on your blog when I was looking in the Cricut DS forum (fab cupcake box by the way!) I just had to leave a comment to say CONGRATULATIONS to you both on your future grandchild!! I am in the UK and can FEEL your excitement from here!!! I just had a new granddaughter in October 2008 (Lois Faye) she is beautiful. I am so pleased for you - God Bless! Love Lynda Rutherford - Newcastle on Tyne England. (although I live in England I am a proud Scot :) ) x

Tricia said...

congrats Laurinda!!!!

Donawanda said...

Congratulations. Such great news !!!

dale88jr said...

Congratulations and what a cool way to find out. I too am going to be a first time grandma and I'm very excited. Hope everything goes well. Keep us posted.

Christi_scrapsalot said...

Congratulations! A truely exciting and blessed time! I love the way she broke the news. Very creative, just like you!