Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Why use one day when you have a perfect weekend. Saturday, Kelly & I took Mom on a picnic at Shawnee Lake. Dad & Derek also came. Unfortunately, Jim had to work. It was a beautiful day for a picnic. The temps were perfect we had shade, good food, family and it was peaceful. Somewhere nearby was a live band so we also had good music to listen to.

Jim & Derek did fix a scrumptious lunch for me...mmmm. Later we went shopping for a lilac bush from Pat, Kat & Elle. Then we went back home and planted it.

Along with celebrating Mother's Day Sunday, Jim & I were celebrating our 35th Anniversary. The plan was a nice ride on the new Harley, but the wind kept us home. I guess we kind of let the anniversary slip away. That's very bad of us. Not a lot of people our age out there that have been married to just one person for this length of time. We were looking at our wedding photo and noting some changes. Not just physical but inner changes. We have grown up together and are much better for having done so. I can not imagine my life any other way. This man I live with is the best part of me. He really does complete me. I believe that we were destined to live our lives together. 36 years ago on May 9th when I was cruising the boulevard I had no idea I would find the one person who would change my life forever. I'm sure glad I honked at those guys on the motorcycles. I was a "bit" of a rebel at the time. I love you Sweetie with a heart that is so full that it still amazes me. I can still feel your first kiss on my lips and will 'til the day I die. It was "ELECTRIFYING" !

1 comment:

LEEANN said...

Happy Anniversary Laurinda! your're right, not many people have been happily married for 35 years. CONGRATULATIONS!