Saturday, May 9, 2009

Whew, I've been too busy lately!

I just want to catch up a bit with what's been happening here. I'm done with physical therapy 3 days a week. That's good, but now I've got to set up surgery for my shoulder. We were hopeful that PT would be enough, but no such luck. And the SI joint that went out during all this fun finally went back in place on it's own, after 2 weeks, despite the efforts of PT.

I finished the scrapbook for my cousin's daughter. It turned out great and she loved it.

We celebrated Derek's 26th birthday. He says he's now closer to 30 than 20, kinda sad.

I went to a women's retreat and taught card making and mini scrapbook classes. I really had a lot of fun with all the ladies.



I managed to squeeze in some short design time here and there, but not what I really want to work on. I've got some ideas rattling around in my head. Fortunately, they are not causing headaches.

Now I'm trying to get Parker family reunion stuff out in the mail. Not getting any help with the planning or executing of all these taks.

Pat & Kat sent me flowers for Mother's Day on Thursday. That was a surprise! Here they are.



I've tried to play with my new camera,a Nikon D90, but have had very little time to get acquainted with all that it does. Here are some of my photos and remember you can click them to see larger versions. I would suggest looking at the larger ones. They are awesome!


morel mushroom

dandelion

grape hyacinths with bees

Derek's latest bonfire with moon in background.

Our latest St. Louis trip



St. Louis tree art

Jim & Pat


Lillie & the new kitties.



One of the new kitties.


And then there's parties, graduations, birthdays, Mother's Day & yesterday was our
33rd anniversary. It's just been crazy around here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures! Very pretty.
I really loved the kittens and Lillie. So cute.
TFS

Melissa S said...

The roses you got for Mother's day are just beautiful. I love all of the colors.

Christi_scrapsalot said...

Great pictures and you kitties are so cute!

Linda said...

Thanks for the cups and tea pot .cut file. You are so creative.

I love your pets - - - especially the new kittens.

Linda

Snatertje said...

oo laurinda I love the kittens, but he I am a catperson hhiih I have 4 cats.

Hug linda

Jillybean said...

Wow, LuLu, those roses are gorgeous. You are very loved and appreciated by Pat and Kat. Those baby kitties are just precious. I hope Lilly is nice to them. I hope they have long and happy lives at your house. Take care dear friend.

4paws said...

The grape hyacinths with bees was a great shot. Wonderful job on the ALL of the photos