Saturday, September 6, 2008

Our 1st Community Crop

I've been wanting to get some of the local ladies together to scrapbook. We have a wonderful community center and the rent is reasonable. So for a small fee we can all get together and scrapbook for a few hours. We are going to make this a monthly event. Our first one was last night and we had 9 ladies and one young girl. Not bad for the first one, I think. We all live in small rural communities and had ladies from 4 different towns. I hope this continues to grow with lots more ladies in attendance. Now I think we need to come up with a name for our group.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I had a great time at the very first ever weekly community crop. I think the turnout was very good for such a small town. I want to thank you for all of your efforts to get this group going and for making and sharing such a great chip and dip plate! It was fabulous. I will do whatever I can to help you out in your efforts to keep this group going so don't hesitate to call on me. You are really becoming quite an accomplished paper crafter and it's great that you want to share your newest passion with others. I can't wait till our next big crop in T-town on Sept. 20th. I've got to get busy and get some pages planned. Bye for now, Jillybean in KS

Anonymous said...

LuLu,
I saw this somewhere on the internet but thought it was a cute name for a scrapbooking group. How about the "Chat 'n Scrap" group or "Chattin' Scrappers". Those are a couple of names to keep in mind. See you soon. Jillybean in KS

Mary Jean said...

Hi! I'm guessing you got together in Topeka! Darn I wish I was just a little closer...I'm in Salina...but it sure is nice to know more Kansas ladies here~